Shoreham Beach
Residents' Association

SHOREHAM BEACH RESIDENTS' ASSOCIATION

The following is a summary of the draft minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, 7th September 2017. A full version will be available, on request, after the next meeting on 5th October, 2017.

Minutes of the meeting held on 6th July 2017;Approved. Proposed by Joan, seconded by David.

Matters Arising;

Rubbish Bin Wraps. Joss circulated suggested design by email. Agreed printing quote. Adur DC will install.

Beach News and Website;

Beach News Summer edition distributed with good feedback. Thanks to John and the distributors. Autumn edition deadline 15th October, ready for distribution by 20th November.

Social Report;

Joyce presented up to date Social Events accounts. The Coach Trip to Chartwell on the 13th September was very successful. Joyce discussed the timing of events for 2018 with the committee.

Others' Events;-

Church of the Good Shepherd

Summer fayre & BBQ - 9th September 12.00 – 4pm
Harvest 'Frugal Brunch' - 30th September 10.30am – 12.00
Cream Tea Dance - 21st October
Concert by Vivace - 18th November
Christmas Craft & Cake Fayre - 9th December

FoSB

Big Brit Beach Clean & survey - 23rd September, 11am, Shingle Rd Beach
Quiz night fund raiser - 7th October 7pm Sussex Yacht Club

Shoreham Fort

Remembrance Evening - 12th November 5pm
Volunteer day / Open day - 24th September; 8th October; 5th November 11am

Financial Report;

Julia Provided up to date summary of accounts and transaction list.

Sub-Committee Reports

Planning – (The planning committee, consisting of our two councillors and Maurice Pitchford, a previous member of Adur DC Planning Committee, scrutinise planning applications relevant to the beach.)
Village Green – Legal advice received. Joss to liaise with Tony and Dave and report to committee by email.

Councillors' Reports;

Other than actions reported under other agenda items;
Ben reported:

Met with Shore View Community Co. Ltd re problems with drainage caused by Flood Prevention Works.
Shingle removal to begin again this month. Joss has raised concerns and circulated the reply.
LNR meeting 29th September. Ben will attend with Joss and John when the landscaping plan for the Ferry Road Beach entrance will be presented.

Joss reported;
Still difficulties with the Environment Agency over flood prevention works.
- Some private slipway owners looking to lose their slipways.
- Emerald Quay slipway closed, re-opening delayed.
- Works to the east of the Beach scheduled November – May. TVO will hold a public meeting currently scheduled for the 5th October.
- Beach green Car Park and the towpath to be closed for works to the west end of the Beach. Dates tbc.

Free Wharf, former Minelco site – Southern Housing putting in planning application in October. Joss seeking meeting between Southern Housing and her and Ben.
Kingston Wharf – initial consultation by Hyde Housing 8th September, 3-8pm, Barn Theatre, Southwick.
New Monks Farm – Joss attended a Councillors' briefing. IKEA evidence of projected traffic flows challenged.
A259 - residents asking for a safe crossing area near the Dogs' Trust following a recent accident. West Sussex CC investigating possibilities.
West Beach – request for double yellow lines following gridlock over the bank holiday.
Beach Green toilet block – developer to attend next SBRA meeting.
Sussex Wharf – Joss assisted Pat regarding the adoption and maintenance by ADC of communal areas. Pat very satisfied with the outcome.

Joss also reported on the issue of a trailer parked near Emerald Quay (Ben and Joss to follow up); vandalism and theft at Shoreham Fort; a caravan moved on by WSCC from Harbour Way and extensive damage to the boardwalk. ADC will investigate and repair.

Any other business;

SBRA Secretary - Barry will be moving from the Beach and so a new secretary is required. Committee to consider and report back to the next meeting.

Tony reported re attempt to get the community involved in maintaining the footbridge. Has spoken to ADC and WSCC re cleaning the glass (glass is self-cleaning only on the outside) and the footway. Will pursue.

Meeting closed at 9.49pm.